- Not understanding the nuances of the medical Or thinking they do when they don’t.
- Spending time (and money) trying to decipher a medical record (vs. working on the legal aspects of the case).
- Not asking for the right testifying experts in the case.
- Not having all the relevant records; not all needed records are in the client’s medical record:
- Waiting too long to ask for help with the medical record (or not asking at all).
- Thinking that using their in-house staff is cheaper than using a Legal Nurse Consultant (LNC).
- Not having experienced eyes and ears in the exam room of a DME/IME.
- Not understanding standards of care and perhaps mixing and matching medical and nursing standards of care.
- Thinking your paralegal can do what an LNC does, with the same
As an LNC with 35 years of experience in nursing and the healthcare arena, I am an expert in medical records review. I am able to pull the relevant facts from the medical record to help your legal case.
Brenda Tousley, DNP, CNS, ACCNS-AG, AGCNS-BC, AVNP-BC, ASC-BC, CLNC
Tousley RN Consulting Services (970) 302-2409